Responsible for providing technical and functional expertise and leadership in process safety for the entity. Additionally, this position will support the implementation and sustainment of Health and Safety processes that are aligned with Operational Integrity Management System . Position will help to assure compliance to regulatory standards and statutes for key aspects of Health and Safety specific to the operations of the assigned entity. This position will partner with the entity to promote a High Reliability Organization with a focus on continuous improvement.
1. Maintain a risk analysis process to ensure health and effectiveness of associated risk prevention barriers. This includes major accident hazard (MAH) identification, evaluation of risk and barriers for effectiveness, and assurance of ongoing maintenance of top risks through regularly occurring risk analysis processes.
2. Assure strong usage of MOC and PSSR system to capture all changes to equipment, personnel, and procedures, whether permanent or temporary. Assurance activities to include proper closure and execution of corresponding actions.
3. Support entity with assurance activities on risk management, management of change, PSSR, safe operating envelops and effective MAH barrier health.
4. Coach & mentor entity leadership and personnel within each entity on process safety topics (PHA, MOC, bowties, MAH, etc.) with training, education, and daily interactions.
5. Fostering collaboration between the Deployed Health and Safety team and the Central Health and Safety Team, leveraging the Technical Authorities and multi-disciplinary support as a conduit for communication and continuous improvement.
6. Support the proper classification and investigation of process safety incidents. This includes coaching and mentoring site leadership to own and drive the actions to prevent re-occurrence.
~Related post-secondary education or equivalent experience (Required)
~High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
~Professional Engineer (Asset)
~Process Safety Professional Certification (Asset)
~HAZOP and/or LOPA certification (Asset)
~Process Safety Auditing certification (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years in a health and safety environment (Required)
-Minimum 3-5 years with Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigations (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years working knowledge of performing safety audits & inspections (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years working knowledge of SAP or Enterprise software
-Minimum 3-5 years working with 3rd party consultants and contractors (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years process engineering, process safety engineering, operations, or operations management (Required)
-Minimum 3-5 years in oil and gas industry (Required)
-Working knowledge of Regulatory requirements in and oil and gas environment (Required)
Monday to Friday 8 hours/day (one day WFH - Monday or Friday)
Travel - Site visits 30% of the time Expenses - mileage only during travel to site