Heavy Craft Planner – FCC / CKR / SRU / GDU / BH Operating Units
• This Planner’s primary responsibilities will be completing job plans in the Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) and Coker (CKR) Operating units and supporting backfill in the Sulfur Recovery (SRU), Gasoline Desulfurization (GDU) and Boiler-house (BH) operating units.. The Heavy Craft Planners develop safe execution plans and assemble work packages in SAP for Main Work Centers including Pipefitter, Boilermaker, Laborers (including civil), Coating, Scaffolding, Insulation, Rope Access and other miscellaneous craft. See attached Job Description for additional details.
• Expected Start Date (earliest): 10/9/2023
• Expected Start Date (latest): 10/30/2023
• Expected Completion Date: 10/30/2024 (12-months from start date)
• Possibility of Extension: Yes
• Standard Work Week: 50 hours as justified; minimum of 40
• Per Diem Available: Yes
Responsibilities: The Maintenance Planner is responsible for reviewing, estimating, purchasing and keeping a record of all work requests; which includes requests for labor, tools, material and equipment. This position plays a fundamental role in planning work activities, ensuring safe work practices and ensuring company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- The Maintenance Planner also provides back-up coverage in other areas of the plant as necessary.
- Manage work requests received from and authorized by maintenance service users.
- Coordinate all details relating to completion of work request--Work Scope, Labor, Tools, Material and Equipment. (This includes management of work order reporting by the tracking and recording of all costs associated with specific work orders.)
- Plan, estimate costs and request the staff, material and equipment necessary for approved work requests.
- Ensure work plans follow safety practices, procedures and company policies.
- Manage maintenance records essential for the Planning and Scheduling Department to provide effective operations.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with Maintenance Supervisors, Operations and Purchasing Departments in a proactive manner to coordinate and schedule the planned work to achieve maximum efficiency and cost management.
- Assist the scheduling team in organizing and communicating plans on a daily and weekly basis.
- Maintain an efficient work environment that promotes employee participation and develops leadership skills
- Responsible for following all safety policies and guidelines as established by the company and the LRC.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment including active participation in monthly Safety Meetings.
Deliverables: To produce good quality work order plans as defined by OMI. This includes following safety practices, procedures and company policies. Review total work request backlog for corrective work, review on hold work orders, keep SAP backlog clean and current, and properly close out work orders in assigned area.
- Develop scope and plans for preventive and corrective maintenance work. This includes above average skills in planning, scheduling and cost control
- Proficient use of MS Office - MS Project and Primavera would be an asset
- Experience with SAP or other business enterprise software
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups
Behavioral Competencies would include;
- Safely drives results- Delivers results safely, effectively prioritizes tasks, takes initiative; acts decisively when appropriate
- Enables agility- Understands and effectively manages risk, adapts to changes and/or setbacks quickly and effectively
- Develops talent-Seeks opportunities to learn, gain experience and develop new skills, supports development of others by sharing learnings and experiences
- Communicates with impact- Communicates in a clear and concise manner, conducts productive discussions by clarifying the situation, discussing and developing ideas, and agreeing on next steps
- Fosters collaboration- Builds relationships and networks within and outside own team, Acts in a trustworthy and reliable manner, Resolves conflicts effectively and collaboratively.
- Enhances technical/professional expertise- Integrates best practices into all components of the job, deals appropriately with sensitive and confidential information, seeks to understand facts, interpret data and apply knowledge
- An associate degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Technology or Construction Management would be an asset
- 5+ years of experience in planning and scheduling maintenance work
- 10+years of relevant related experience
- Previous experience in ordering material and services, preparing and evaluating bid packages and developing contracts with suppliers/vendors
- Previous experience working in a refinery or petro-chemical plant (unionized) environment
- Extensive working knowledge and experience in piping and vessel/exchanger repairs
- General knowledge of refinery maintenance practices
- Possess knowledge in and experience with safe work practices in an oil refinery environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude